At LFA First Response, we carry a range of fire blankets which are an essential addition in a number of settings such as hospitals, workplaces, caravanning or boating, and the home. Fire blankets can be used to extinguish small fires and can also be used to wrap around an individual if their clothing is alight. We have fire blankets of different sizes depending on your requirements. Due to the versatility of a fire blanket, they are an important addition to areas where there is a higher risk of fires.
Fire blankets should be kept in an easy to reach spot in areas where there is a risk of fire, such as the kitchen.
1. In the case of a fire, pull the two tabs of the fire blanket to remove it from the bag.
2. Hold the fire blanket out in front of you and hold the tabs towards yourself to protect your hands.
3. Place the blanket over the fire and leave it there for at least half an hour – only turn off the gas or electricity if it’s safe to do so.
4. If a person’s clothing is on fire, wrap the fire blanket around them and keep rolling the blanket around the person until the fire is extinguished.
5. Always follow the instructions which are clearly outlined on the fire blanket bag. A fire blanket is designed to be used only once – if your fire blanket is used to extinguish flames, ensure that you get a replacement.
LFA First Response carries a range of wholesale medical supplies to the Australia medical industry. We also provide products for additional settings, such as the workplace. We only source materials from reputable Australian suppliers for your peace of mind.
For more information about our range of fire blankets, contact LFA First Response today.